Friday 12 April 2013

Final Version of 30 clip.

This is my final version of the 30 second clip piece. Just to refresh everyone i thought i would re-blog the passage that we had to make sounds for so everyone can know what i've tried to.

Final 30 Sound Track


 ‘Tales from the Geronimo’ Scott Frank 

The beaten hotel had memories flickering from almost every corner. Drifting into short dreams, at times I thought I heard the putt-putting of old Model Ts pulling up to the lobby, dropping off elegantly gowned women accompanied by pillars of the community in cool, white tuxedos. Opulent repose, 1920s desert style. Back in 1919, when the Geronimo was built, edges of huge desert tracts were still nearby. Horses and Model Ts pulled up to the community growing around the new University of Arizona.

When dragging hours in the hotel corridors reached post-midnight hush, time secretly eased its pace. My eyelids would droop; then faint brown light oozing from dust-covered globes caught my lashes. Momentarily I’d catch the glimmer of sparkling chandeliers and the bright warmth of the old-time light bulbs. They had a filament in them that you could see clearly, and it wouldn’t hurt your eyes to look. Sometimes I fancied flickering on the dreamwalls, flames dancing in the lobby’s old fireplace. But when I opened my eyes, all I saw was a sealed up chimney and an old black and white TV sitting where the logs used to burn.


As i have explained in previous posts i have tried to slip the narrative into three separate parts and share a equal amount of time on each.

Evaluation:

Overal, im pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this task. At first i struggled to understand what i had to do and what i was reading as i have dyslexia, it took a lot of brain storming and pulling the words out of the text to get a idea of what the passage was  talking about. There are things i would change - for instance i think the change between inside the lobby and then the lobby after dark is to quick. If i was allowed an extra 10 seconds this wouldn't be a problem anymore. One whole paragraph talked about the outside of the hotel and i felt like i needed to make this as one of the longer parts of audio. Over all the outside of the hotel goes on for just under 12 seconds.

I feel like i have created a story with sound, and i feel like its quite easy to follow and quick logical in sound and approach. Maybe next time i could be more abstract in approach and think outside the box rather then what is immediate. Also if i had more time i would probably book a sound room and make my own foley noises. I have two different walking tracks however, i find that they are rather slow and i would have preferred something a little quicker in walk. Although, when i put it all together the pace of the foot steps isn't really noticeable.

I have learnt a lot from this project the thing i am most proud of is tackling a new Adobe programme, i feel like i know the bare basics but it was enough to get me through this task. I did get a little bit over whelmed in the sound workshops because there was so much to do, so many buttons, menus, rules, settings that i couldn't take it all in. I just made sure i took in all the essential information and it seemed to work out okay. I would probably benefit by having more classes on Adobe Audition, there were many things we did in class that i cant remember how to do now, and therefore i believe it would be beneficial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment